Comment from: Randi [Visitor]

Is it possible to put the wifi circuit in another tv that's not a smart tv

Sep. 28, 2019 @ 06:30
Comment from: Paul Rudoff [Member]

Hi Randi

If the TV doesn't already support wifi, you won't be able to use the wifi components in it.

-- Paul

Sep. 28, 2019 @ 15:05
Comment from: d3rp [Visitor]

I got some random issues with unresponsive lg remote, wired network and unknown device disconnected messages
Wireless was not working for month but I never cared

I disconnected the wireless card and everything working flawlessly

Oct. 20, 2019 @ 13:36
Comment from: Donald R. [Visitor]

I have that cryptic message about Unknown Device, and unable to stream anything. Sounds like a new wifi module might be the answer. This is my 4th LG tv, and never had any problems until this.

My question is: How can I find a list of LG tv models, and what part number the wifi module has. I have the 49UJ6200 model, but unable to find a number for that wifi module. I cannot find any info on the LG website.

I am able to replace the module myself, saving a service call, but don't know what PN to buy. Does such list exist listing all the models of smart tv's?

Thanks for your response

Nov. 9, 2019 @ 13:25
Comment from: Shawn [Visitor]

Paul, excellent write up! I have a 49" LG TV and just recently I began to get the "Unknown Device" notification. I moved the TV from our 'game room' which has reverted back to a bedroom due to one child returning to the nest, I had two game consoles attached. I thought the message was because I disconnected one of the consoles - that was until I tried to watch Netflix. That sent me into the settings menus and the internet for answers, both were about as useful as screens on a submarine, but I did glean some useful info such as my unit does have a card for the wifi. I used to work with electronics in the US Navy so I have little fear digging into these things (caution - yes, fear - somewhat). I found your article at the same time I decided to remove the back of my own TV and check out the wifi card. I later compared your photos to my card and they are almost identical with the exception mine was made in Indonesia. I checked the card for any obvious damage, cleaned connectors, and lightly disturbed the flat wiring - tossed it all back together and am currently once again enjoying Netflix. For how long - who knows, but it is working.

Nov. 24, 2019 @ 19:16
Comment from: Al Young [Visitor]

Paul...

Thanks very much for your post. Our LG 55UJ6300 suffered from continuous connect/disconnect on screen messages, which I believe s causing continuous buffering of streaming content. After disconnecting the wifi card (we're using an ethernet connection) not only did the connect/disconnect messages disappear, our stream buffering problems seem to have been solved as well.

On a side note, I've found many posts about this problem, on LG's own support forum as well, and can't believe LG hasn't responded to this issue. Not even a mention on thier site acknowledging the problem or letting consumers know if they've fixed the issue with subsequent TV models. I do believe this may be my last LG TV purchase.

Thank around for sharing your cure!

Feb. 9, 2020 @ 13:28
Comment from: Eric [Visitor]

Thanks very much. Without your article I wouldn't have thought to try to fix my own TV (2016 LG 65" UH850T). Symptoms included losing my internet link on both wired and wifi connections, Smart Remote going awol and occasional "unknown device" errors. Removing the wifi module has allowed the wired link to function reliably while I wait for a new wifi module (EAT63153401) to arrive. I want a functioning wifi connection as the Smart Remote uses it for many functions including cursor control. I can use the Smart Remote to switch on/off the TV and bring up the home screen. After that I need a mouse plugged into a USB port on the TV to get into and operate Netflix & Youtube. the mouse is actually a really useful addition to the TV but I have a 3 metre cable dragged across the carpet.
Great article!