Comment from: Randi [Visitor]

Is it possible to put the wifi circuit in another tv that's not a smart tv

Sep. 28, 2019 @ 06:30
Comment from: Paul Rudoff [Member]

Hi Randi

If the TV doesn't already support wifi, you won't be able to use the wifi components in it.

-- Paul

Sep. 28, 2019 @ 15:05
Comment from: d3rp [Visitor]

I got some random issues with unresponsive lg remote, wired network and unknown device disconnected messages
Wireless was not working for month but I never cared

I disconnected the wireless card and everything working flawlessly

Oct. 20, 2019 @ 13:36
Comment from: Donald R. [Visitor]

I have that cryptic message about Unknown Device, and unable to stream anything. Sounds like a new wifi module might be the answer. This is my 4th LG tv, and never had any problems until this.

My question is: How can I find a list of LG tv models, and what part number the wifi module has. I have the 49UJ6200 model, but unable to find a number for that wifi module. I cannot find any info on the LG website.

I am able to replace the module myself, saving a service call, but don't know what PN to buy. Does such list exist listing all the models of smart tv's?

Thanks for your response

Nov. 9, 2019 @ 13:25
Comment from: Shawn [Visitor]

Paul, excellent write up! I have a 49" LG TV and just recently I began to get the "Unknown Device" notification. I moved the TV from our 'game room' which has reverted back to a bedroom due to one child returning to the nest, I had two game consoles attached. I thought the message was because I disconnected one of the consoles - that was until I tried to watch Netflix. That sent me into the settings menus and the internet for answers, both were about as useful as screens on a submarine, but I did glean some useful info such as my unit does have a card for the wifi. I used to work with electronics in the US Navy so I have little fear digging into these things (caution - yes, fear - somewhat). I found your article at the same time I decided to remove the back of my own TV and check out the wifi card. I later compared your photos to my card and they are almost identical with the exception mine was made in Indonesia. I checked the card for any obvious damage, cleaned connectors, and lightly disturbed the flat wiring - tossed it all back together and am currently once again enjoying Netflix. For how long - who knows, but it is working.

Nov. 24, 2019 @ 19:16
Comment from: Al Young [Visitor]

Paul...

Thanks very much for your post. Our LG 55UJ6300 suffered from continuous connect/disconnect on screen messages, which I believe s causing continuous buffering of streaming content. After disconnecting the wifi card (we're using an ethernet connection) not only did the connect/disconnect messages disappear, our stream buffering problems seem to have been solved as well.

On a side note, I've found many posts about this problem, on LG's own support forum as well, and can't believe LG hasn't responded to this issue. Not even a mention on thier site acknowledging the problem or letting consumers know if they've fixed the issue with subsequent TV models. I do believe this may be my last LG TV purchase.

Thank around for sharing your cure!

Feb. 9, 2020 @ 13:28