« Shot On Site - A Look Into The FutureGhostbusters PDF eBook Preservation Project - Starburst Magazine »

Ghostbusters 3 Hellbent Script To Appear In IDW's Comic Book Series

By Paul Rudoff on Apr. 1, 2012 at 4:53 PM , Categories: Ghostbusters 3, Books
Comic artist Tristan Jones, who designed the rotating series of Spook Central banners you see atop this site, has let me in on a little secret. Dan Aykroyd's Ghostbusters 3: Hellbent script will be adapted into comic book form starting in Ghostbusters issue #13, and continuing to issue #16. The details are still being finalized, so there isn't much to report right now, but he did tell me that the first issue will have a whopping THIRTEEN variant covers. A rather unlucky number for those of us with small wallets. Expect a formal press release from IDW in the coming days, but in the meantime, if you don't tell anyone, you can view a preliminary rough of Tristan's variant cover by CLICKING HERE.

Comment from: devilmanozzy [Visitor]
Awesome! I take it will get the rookies characters too. I am glad they yet again are going the extra mile with the comic series.
Apr. 1, 2012 @ 22:16
Comment from: Mrmichaelt [Visitor]
Reaaal funny, Paul. ;)
Apr. 2, 2012 @ 01:54
Comment from: Troy [Visitor]
It may be an April Fool, but it's actually a helluva (pun not intended) idea.
Apr. 2, 2012 @ 19:52
Comment from: [Member]
Thanks. It was a completely last minute idea to do an April Fools joke this year, and oddly enough, this was the first thought that popped into my mind. My only regret is that I didn't think of it a few days or weeks sooner, as it would have been great to ask Tristan or Dan to draw up a realistic-looking fake cover to better complete the joke. The idea is realistic enough that it *could* happen, yet still "out there" enough to be an obvious joke... but like Troy said, it's a joke that I hope DOES become a reality. A comic book is probably the best chance we have to seeing that script "produced" in any form of media. I can only hope that someone at IDW who has the power to make it happen sees this post and takes the hint. It worked for Dapper Dan :-)
Apr. 3, 2012 @ 00:06
Comment from: justin [Visitor]
I didn't believe this but I really want to see the Master GB rap in print.
Apr. 4, 2012 @ 17:43
Comment from: Tristan Jones [Visitor]
Believe me, nobody wishes this were true more than I do.
Apr. 4, 2012 @ 20:19