Season 2, Episode 1
Aired: Saturday September 12, 1987
Writer: Len Janson, Chuck Menville
A lunar eclipse produces an inter-dimensional rift and a baby ghost comes through. While Slimer babysits the ghostchild, the Ghostbusters try to deal with the baby's ghostly parents, not knowing that they're looking for their missing child.
- Title Reference: George McManus' 1904 comic strip "The Newlyweds" was about a couple and their baby Snookums (sometimes called Baby Snooks).
- The most noticeable change for the series is that starting with this episode, Slimer speaks more coherently as compared to his "Slimer-speak" of the past two seasons.
- Starting from this episode, Janine Melnitz falls under the influence of a Makeoverus Lotsabucks, a spirit that feeds on a person's vanity. Frustrated in the glacial pace of her relationship with Egon, she relents in letting the creature "improve" her. The creature poses as a "fairy godmother", first changing her voice, then her hairstyle, then over time altering her actual physical appearance. This would all come to a head in the episode "Janine, You've Changed".
- Starting with this episode, Dave Coulier voices Peter Venkman and Kath Soucie voices Janine.
- For the third season, a number of changes were made to make the show more "kid friendly" and politically correct. This caused departure of story editor J. Michael Straczynski.