Season 5, Episode 1
Aired: Saturday October 27, 1990
Writer: J. Michael Straczynski
Synopsis: The Ghostbusters visit Russia where they're faced with the problem of being under arrest and trying to stop one of "The Old Ones."
- Brian George [Inspector Faden, Followers]
- Walter Koenig [Vladimir Maximov, Followers]
- B.J. Ward [Stewardess, Katarina Novachenka, Automatic Voice, Followers]
Regular Cast Incidentals
- Dave Coulier [General, Followers]
- Buster Jones [Followers]
- Maurice LaMarche [Technician, Followers]
- Frank Welker [Dmitri, Nightgaunt, Followers]
- Title Reference: "Rushing about" means to move or act swiftly; in a hurry.
- The voice actors were recorded on May 16, 1990.
- This episode reuses some footage from a previous episode. When the Ghostbusters enter the building, Winston says, "Are you sure this is where they're having the conference on the paranormal?" We then see shots of the people at the conference, which are really from the episode "Deadcon I". Since "Deadcon I" was from the early seasons of the show, and this episode is from the latter seasons, it's interesting to note how the animation and quality of the footage differs.
- Writer J. Michael Straczynski had a lot of trouble with getting this episode on the air due to the idiots who were in ABC's Broadcast Standards & Practices (BS&P) department at the time. As detailed in a May 2, 1991 BBS post he wrote, BS&P would not allow the use of Cthulhu or the Necronomicon because they believed that they were both "established occult and cult lore." In reality, they're both FICTIONAL CREATIONS of H.P. Lovecraft. Further on, BS&P wouldn't even allow the use of Lovecraft's name in the episode! That caused JMS to go ballistic. He threatened to pull the script and walk off the gig. At that point, even producers Joe Medjuck and Michael Gross, who at first thought it wasn't worth the hassle, got into it and were threatening to take this all to the L.A. Times if necessary. Finally, BS&P backed off, and the creative team won that one.