Season 3, Episode 5
Aired: Saturday October 15, 1988
Writer: Francis Moss
Synopsis: An business tycoon steals info from the Ghostbusters to create his own robot ghost buster.
- Dan Gilvezan [Paul Smart, Demon, Announcer]
Regular Cast Incidentals
- Dave Coulier [Spectral Mass, Ghost]
- Buster Jones [Spectral Mass]
- Maurice LaMarche [Spectral Mass, Fire Demon]
- Kath Soucie [Spectral Mass]
- Frank Welker [Robo-Buster X-1]
- The script for this episode can be found on The Real Ghostbusters Scripts page.
- Title Reference: "Robocop" is a 1987 film directed by Paul Verhoeven, and starring Peter Weller. Set in a crime-ridden Detroit, Michigan, in the near future, the film centers on police officer Alex Murphy (Weller) who is brutally murdered by a gang of criminals and subsequently revived by the malevolent mega-corporation Omni Consumer Products (OCP) as a superhuman cyborg law enforcer known as "RoboCop". Interestingly, a real-life company named Omni Consumer Products (they named themselves after the fictional company in Robocop) produced real "Stay Puft Quality Marshmallows" in 2010.
- The voice actors were recorded on July 11, 1988.
- Paul Smart owns Grossjuck Industries. The show's Executive Producers are Michael C. Gross and Joe Medjuck.
- A sign in the subway reads "No Contra Aid," obviously the animator's political beliefs regarding the United States giving aid to the Contras back in the 1980's.