|"A Fright At The Opera"
Season 1-Syndicated, Episode 13
Aired: Monday October 26, 1987
Writer: Mark Edens
Synopsis: The Ghostbusters must fight spirits of the Valkyries at the opera.
Regular Cast Incidentals
- Arsenio Hall [Tenor]
- Maurice LaMarche [Leopold]
- Frank Welker [Metzenbaum]
- The script for this episode can be found on The Real Ghostbusters Scripts page.
- Title Reference: "A Night at the Opera" is a 1935 film starring Groucho Marx, Chico Marx and Harpo Marx, and featuring Kitty Carlisle, Allan Jones, Margaret Dumont, Sig Ruman, and Walter Woolf King. It was the first film the Marx Brothers made for Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer after their departure from Paramount Pictures, and the first after Zeppo left the act.
- The voice actors were recorded on July 1 and July 2, 1986. Arsenio Hall, Maurice LaMarche, and Lorenzo Music recorded on July 1, 1986. Frank Welker recorded on July 2, 1986.
- There are two versions of this episode which each feature different background music when the Ghostbusters are falling from the ladder (after the second commercial break). One version features standard series music, whereas "Driving Me Crazy" (performed by Tahiti -- from the soundtrack album) is played in the other version. For more information and multimedia, see the Alternate Episodes page.