|"Ghostfight At The O.K. Corral"
Season 1-Syndicated, Episode 47
Aired: Wednesday November 11, 1987
Writer: Mark Edens
Synopsis: The Ghostbusters must face the ghosts of the Earps at the O.K. Corral in Tombstone.
- Jonathan Schmock [Wyatt Earp, Boris Mealey]
Regular Cast Incidentals
- Arsenio Hall [Earp (brother)]
- Maurice LaMarche [Mayor, Doc Holiday]
- Lorenzo Music [Earp (brother)]
- Frank Welker [Dewey LaMort]
- The script for this episode can be found on The Real Ghostbusters Scripts page.
- Title Reference: The Gunfight at the O.K. Corral was a gunfight that took place at about 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 26, 1881, in Tombstone, Arizona Territory, and is generally regarded as the most famous gunfight in the history of the American Old West. The gunfight, believed to have lasted only about thirty seconds, was fought between the outlaw Cowboys Billy Claiborne, Ike and Billy Clanton, and Tom and Frank McLaury, and the opposing town Marshal Virgil Earp and his brothers Assistant Town Marshal Morgan and temporary lawman Wyatt, aided by Doc Holliday designated as a temporary marshal by Virgil. Ike Clanton and Billy Claiborne ran from the fight unharmed, but Ike's brother Billy Clanton was killed, along with both McLaurys. Lawmen Virgil and Morgan Earp were wounded. Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday came through the fight unharmed. The fight has come to represent a time in American history when the frontier was open range for outlaws opposed by law enforcement that was spread thin over vast territories, leaving some areas unprotected.
- The voice actors were recorded on November 21, 1986.