|"Ain't NASA-sarily So"
Season 1-Syndicated, Episode 11
Aired: Tuesday November 17, 1987
Writer: Craig Miller, Mark Nelson
Synopsis: The crew of a space platform calls the Ghostbusters for assistance in ridding them of a ghost - a crew that oddly resembles that of another spacecraft on a five-year mission!
- Clyde Kusatsu [McTavish, Sato]
- Iona Morris [Irahqua, Whitney]
Regular Cast Incidentals
- Arsenio Hall [Ghost]
- Maurice LaMarche [McTavish, Sato]
- Frank Welker [Kirov, Technician]
- The script for this episode can be found on The Real Ghostbusters Scripts page.
- Title Reference: "It Ain't Necessarily So" is a song written by George and Ira Gershwin from their opera Porgy and Bess (1935). NASA, which stands for National Aeronautics and Space Administration, is the agency of the United States government that is responsible for the nation's civilian space program and for aeronautics and aerospace research.
- The voice actors were recorded on October 22, 1986 and September 28, 1987. Clyde Kusatsu had to cancel his ADR session on August 18, 1987 and reschedule for September 28.
- The crew of the space platform resemble the crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise on the classic television series "Star Trek."
- Clyde Kusatsu would later go on to appear in Extreme Ghostbusters: "Eyes of a Dragon".