|"Don't Forget The Motor City"
Season 1-Syndicated, Episode 20
Aired: Thursday December 3, 1987
Writer: Dennys McCoy, Pamela Hickey
Synopsis: When Peter's new car blows up, the Ghostbusters are invited to the Generous Motors factory to find what's causing all those models to self-destruct...Gremlins!
- Anna Mathias [Receptionist, Gremlin]
Regular Cast Incidentals
- Arsenio Hall [Gremlin, Foreman]
- Frank Welker [Abernathy]
- The storyboards for this episode can be found on The Real Ghostbusters Storyboards page.
- Title Reference: Motor City is a nickname for Detroit, Michigan due to several automotive plants being located there. The 1964 song "Dancing in the Street", originally recorded by Martha and the Vandellas, contains the lyric "can't forget the motor city". It was covered twice in the 1980's, once by Van Halen in 1982, and then by Mick Jagger and David Bowie in 1985. The Jagger/Bowie recording is the only one where "can't" is replaced with "don't".
- The voice actors were recorded on July 18, 1986.
- There are two different versions of this episode. The difference occurs when the Ghostbusters first spot the gremlins in the factory break room, and see them all crowded over in a corner. In the original UK version of that first shot, they are all colored dark grey, so you can barely see them. In the later version, they are all individually colored. For more information and multimedia, see the Alternate Episodes page.
- Janine sings the Inspector Gadget theme song, and then so does Slimer. "Inspector Gadget" was another cartoon series produced by DIC.