|"The Long, Long, Long, Etc. Goodbye"
Season 1-Syndicated, Episode 56
Aired: Wednesday October 7, 1987
Writer: Dennys McCoy, Pamela Hickey
Synopsis: The Ghostbusters get an assist from a long-dead detective, Phillip Spade, when they encounter the ghost of Blackie, a long-ago jewel thief who was cursed when he stole the treasure of King Tod about 40 years ago.
- Sam Kwasman [Blackie, Worker]
Regular Cast Incidentals
- Arsenio Hall [Worker #1]
- Maurice LaMarche [Worker #2, Phillip Spade]
- Lorenzo Music [Worker]
- Frank Welker [Worker]
- The script for this episode can be found on The Real Ghostbusters Scripts page.
- Title Reference: "The Long Goodbye" is a 1953 novel by Raymond Chandler, centered on his famous detective character Philip Marlowe.
- The voice actors were recorded on September 26, 1986.
- Phillip Spade, the ghost/detective in this episode, is named after Philip Marlowe and Sam Spade, the quintessential characters of the private eye genre. His speech and clothing were taken from Humphrey Bogart's character, Sam Spade, in the 1941 film "The Maltese Falcon."