Season 1-Syndicated, Episode 1
Aired: Friday November 6, 1987
Writer: J. Michael Straczynski
Synopsis: Subway workers open a door marked "Do not open until doomsday!" and the Ghostbusters must save New York.
- Jim Cummings [Door Voice, Train]
- Phil Proctor [Workman, 1st Rower, Commuter]
Regular Cast Incidentals
- Arsenio Hall [Commuter]
- Maurice LaMarche [2nd Workman, 3rd Workman, Man, 1st Commuter, News Anchor #2]
- The script for this episode can be found on The Real Ghostbusters Scripts page.
- Title Reference: "Knock, Knock" is the onomatopoeia of the sound heard when one taps on a door. It's also the set-up for a type of joke, appropriately named, "a knock-knock joke".
- The voice actors were recorded on June 23, 1986.
- There are two versions of this episode which each feature different background music when the Ghostbusters fight the ghosts on the train. One version features standard series music, whereas "The Boogieman" (performed by Tahiti -- from the soundtrack album) is played in the other version. For more information and multimedia, see the Alternate Episodes page.
- The sewer cover reads "AJIA-DO," the name of a Japanese animation company.
- Jim Cummings would later go on to provide the uncredited vocals for the Extreme Ghostbusters theme song.