|"The Headless Motorcyclist"
Season 1-Syndicated, Episode 30
Aired: Tuesday November 3, 1987
Writer: Randy Lofficier
Synopsis: A descendant of Ichabod Crane is plagued by a headless apparition who chases her friends and throws his head at them. Can the Ghostbusters help break the curse?
- B.J. Ward [Kate, Motorcycle Ghost/Headless Horseman]
Regular Cast Incidentals
- Arsenio Hall [Cop, Motorcycle Ghost/Headless Horseman]
- Maurice LaMarche [Bud, Frump]
- Frank Welker [Banker]
- The script for this episode can be found on The Real Ghostbusters Scripts page.
- Title Reference: The Headless Horseman is a fictional character from the 1820 short story "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" by American author Washington Irving. In this episode, which is a spin on that story, the "headless" character rides a motorcycle instead of a horse.
- The voice actors were recorded on July 21, 1986.
- In the episode call sheet, the Headless Horseman is listed as "Motorcycle Ghost".
- As noted in the call sheet, the Headless Horseman was voiced by both Arsenio Hall and B.J. Ward.
- This episode was also written by Jean-Marc Lofficier, Randy's husband. When asked why he chose to remain uncredited, Jean-Marc replied, "For reasons of convenience (having to do with only one member of the family joining the Writers Guild etc.) we both just decided that it would be easier if only Randy's name was on the script."
- Egon suggests reversing the polarity of the neutron flow, a phrase originating from the show Doctor Who.