|"The Spirit of Aunt Lois"
Season 1-Syndicated, Episode 5
Aired: Monday November 9, 1987
Writer: Richard Mueller
Synopsis: When Ray's Aunt Lois hires a charlatan spiritualist, the man stirs up spirits in her home that threaten them all.
- Marilyn Lightstone [Aunt Lois, Apparition tape]
Regular Cast Incidentals
- Arsenio Hall [Domovoy #1]
- Maurice LaMarche [Dr. Bassingame, Domovoy #3]
- Lorenzo Music [Domovoy #4]
- Laura Summer [Domovoy #5]
- Frank Welker [Domovoy #2]
- The script for this episode can be found on The Real Ghostbusters Scripts page.
- Title Reference: The Spirit of St. Louis is the name of the plane that was flown solo by Charles Lindbergh on May 20–21, 1927, on the first non-stop flight from New York to Paris. The name was also given to a 1957 biographical film starring James Stewart as Charles Lindbergh.
- The voice actors were recorded on June 25, 1986.
- As with "Venkman's Ghost Repellers", this episode clearly takes place before the events of "Cold Cash and Hot Water", where Charlie Venkman and Dr. Bassingame team up. Ray specifically mentions the events of "The Spirit Of Aunt Lois" in "Cold Cash And Hot Water".
- Richard Mueller first created Aunt Lois in his Ghostbusters movie novelization.
- Dr. Bassingame wears the exact same outfit as Jake from Filmation's Ghostbusters. Dr. Bassingame is a fraud and a charleton, which is what the makers of The Real Ghostbusters are calling Filmation's Ghostbusters.