Ghostbusters DVD-ROM Interactive Menus
Raffaele Ruffaldi has been generous enough to do screen captures for me of ALL of the basic menus in the DVD-ROM section of the Ghostbusters DVD.
The DVD-ROM portion of the DVD includes a copy of Interactual's PC Friendly program. At the time of the disc's production (1999) this was the standard program for use with DVD-ROM materials. It has since been replaced by the Interactual Player. Although the Player is, for the most part, backwards compatible with PC Friendly DVDs, some portions of the DVD-ROM content will not be viewable in the Player.
When the Ghostbusters DVD-ROM is viewed in Interactual Player ...
- No unnecessary sidebar (left navigational menu) and banner ads on bottom.
- It goes straight to the menu of the four guys with the options "Interactive Screenplay / Filmography / Ghostbusters.com"
- You don't see, and can not view, the following screens:
- Main screen of Ray and Ecto-1 with the options "Interactive Content / Activate Feature" (this is the first screen that shows up in PC Friendly)
- SPE! Temple photo (click on it to go to website)
- CTHV firehouse photo (click on it to go to website)
- You don't get to see the GB banner ads and the drinking slimer mpg on the screenplay pages.
As a way of helping out all those people who can't see it, I've copied the best multimedia files off of the DVD (and screen captured the two setup screens) and bundled them up into a zip file