Aired: Thursday September 25, 1997
Writer: Steven Roberts
Director: Gloria Jenkins
Synopsis: A Gremlin sets out to destroy all the communications, transportation and power companies throughout New York City, and the Extreme Ghostbusters successfully try to convince the authorities they have a ghost on their hands. Instead of being thanked, though, the Extreme Ghostbusters are arrested and put on an airplane, where they have a final confrontation with the gremlin.
- Richard Anderson [Jack Stone]
- Jeff Glen Bennett [?]
- Mona Mansour [?]
- Title Reference: Grease, in the sense likely reference by the title, is an oily substance; a thick lubricant.
- The Extreme Ghostbusters' phone number is (212) 555-GOST
- Garrett says "We're gonna be on Letterman. Oprah, at least." The cast of Ghostbusters II was on the Oprah Winfrey Show in June 1989.
- When we first see the FBI agents in the doorway (as seen in the image at the top of this page), that is a reference to the logo from the film & animated series "Men In Black". Both films were made by Columbia Pictures, and both animated series were made by Adelaide Productions. (MIB logo courtesy of the SPHE Publicity website.)
- The two FBI agents are named Jack Stone and Harry Gannon. The names are a reference to the two lead actors and characters from the classic 1967 series "Dragnet": Jack Webb, who played the stone-faced Sergeant Joe Friday, and Harry Morgan, who played Officer Bill Gannon. Jack Stone even looks a lot like Jack Webb. Dan Aykroyd played Sergeant Joe Friday in the 1987 feature film remake.