SPOOK CENTRAL STAFF
Listed below are all of the members of the Spook Central staff. Click on a name to e-mail that person via a webform, but please read the information below the staff list to see if your concern can be better handled elsewhere first.
Paul Rudoff - original creator, webmaster, author, and curator.
Paul has been a Ghosthead (Ghostbusters fan) since his childhood. He has fond memories of watching The Real Ghostbusters on Saturday mornings on ABC and weekday afternoons on WNYW/Fox 5, while collecting the Kenner toys and eating the Ghostbusters cereal. While he first saw Ghostbusters on television (probably the edited-for-television ABC broadcast in 1987
), he saw Ghostbusters II in a movie theater in 1989 as an early 12th birthday present, and distinctly remembers seeing scenes that haven't been present in any home video release of the film. Ghostbusters is the only one of his childhood interests that has carried over into his adult life. In August 1996
, Paul created Spook Central because no other website had the content he was looking for; and it provided him with a way of sharing the materials he had in his collection. Thanks to Spook Central, he was a design consultant and a contributor of research and art materials for TimeLife's The Real Ghostbusters: Complete Collection DVD box set
. He was also drawn into an issue of IDW's Ghostbusters comic book series
by renouned artist "Dapper" Dan Schoening.
Matthew Jordan - ebook image cleaner, comic book guru, Facebook page admin.
Matt's love of Ghostbusters started in September of 1986 when The Real Ghostbusters premiered on ABC. In the years after The Real Ghostbusters ended, he moved on to other things, though he never forgot the series and the two films related to it. After a brief rekindling in the late 1990s due to Extreme Ghostbusters, his interest in Ghostbusters died down until late 2007, when the news of a new Ghostbusters video game was enough to bring the disillusioned fan back to the fandom...and he's stayed ever since. In addition to being the lead administrator and editor at Ghostbusters Wiki
, Matt was responsible for getting the Ghostbusters PDF eBook Preservation Project
here at Spook Central off the ground in 2011 when he offered to scan in his copy of "Ghostbusters: The Supernatural Spectacular" by Richard Mueller.
Raffaele Ruffaldi - website technical advisor and special blog contributor.
Seeing Ghostbusters at age 4 had unbeknownst side effects on Raffaele. Despite being a victim of Batmania and the Ninja Turtles in his teen years, he came back to the fandom just in time to see its bond to the Boys in Gray grow stronger. His love of Ghostbusters, computers, and visual effects, led him to publish Ecto-Web
in 1998. For the last decade, Raffaele has been working in the shadows with Paul on Spook Central, and is planning to merge some Ecto-Web content (including its pioneering Videogames section) into Spook Central in the near future.
Doreen Mulman - Facebook page admin. (1961-2014)
A Ghosthead since the 1980s, Doreen has been a known member of the Ghostbusters online community since 1997, when she, and her friend Nora Salisbury, shared several interesting messages
with Paul Rudoff on Bill Emkow's Ghostbusters Message Board. That not only lead to a continued friendship with Paul, but also to the creation of the Ghostbusters Fan Forum
on December 4, 1997, which Doreen and Nora ran until October 31, 2008 when AOL decided to no longer provide their members with free webspace. She also maintained the official websites
of several voice artists, including Frank Welker
(Ray and Slimer in The Real Ghostbusters), Tara Strong
(Kylie in Extreme Ghostbusters), and Laura Summer
(first Janine in The Real Ghostbusters).
• Doreen passed away on March 14, 2014
at the young age of 52. Her last post on the Spook Central Facebook page was on February 28, 2014
, which was a link to an article about the minor league baseball team, the Toledo Mud Hens, wearing Ghostbusters-inspired uniforms for a May 30th game in honor of the film's 30th anniversary and Harold Ramis' recent death.
- Please take a minute to read the Help page. This page contains information on using materials from this site, issues with the embedded media player, banners and buttons to use to link to this site, and much more! If your question is already covered on the Help page, we won't bother replying to your message.
- If you have a question that's related to Ghostbusters in general, and not particularly about something on this site, you'll get a quicker (and possibly better) response by posting your question to one of the following message boards: GB Fans or EctoZone.
- Attention GameFaqs Visitors - If you're coming over from GameFaqs because of the guides Paul has posted there, please read these answers to frequently asked questions.
- Please ask first before sending very large attachments, and don't send executable files.
- Some of us are not always online every day. Usually you won't have to wait more than a couple of days to receive a personal reply from any of us, but on rare occassions some of us (especially Paul) can be offline for a week or so. Please be patient and you'll get a reply as soon as we can give you one. Also, some of us only speak ENGLISH. So, please don't write in any other language (online translators aren't perfect). Thanks.