« Shot On Site - Taxi Driver Committed To Job, Even After DeathShot On Site - Louis The Wanderer...He Roams Around, Around, Around »

Spook Central Webmaster, Paul Rudoff, Appears In Ghostbusters Comic Book

PermalinkBy Paul Rudoff on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:34 PM , Categories: Personal, Spook Central, Books
IDW's Ghostbusters #11 comic book, which comes out this Wednesday, July 25, 2012, features a scene in the Belda'r Cafe in Roswell, New Mexico with Peter Venkman and a female FBI agent. On page 19, there's a very special onlooker to the events...

Image

Does that gentleman sitting at the counter look familiar? Well, I recognize that guy every time I look in the mirror! Yes, that guy watching Peter and the female FBI agent is ME! Paul Rudoff, the creator and webmaster of the Ghostbusters fansite Spook Central (where you are now), has his likeness in an official Ghostbusters publication. Not only that, but I'm wearing a "Spook Central" t-shirt - which are not available for sale, though maybe I should start selling some.

Image
(click for super large full panel)

I'm absolutely touched that artist Dan Schoening would honor me like this. It truly makes me feel special to actually be part of the Ghostbusters universe, breathing the same air as Dr. Peter Venkman! And thanks, Dan, for also sending me the high-resolution scan of the unlettered panel for use on this site.

If you want to get a copy of this issue - and you can rest assured that I'm getting several copies - head down to your local comic shop this Wednesday or order a copy online at Graham Cracker Comics (Cover A, Cover B, Cover RI) and Ghostbusters Fans (Covers A & B only).

If you never picked up issue #9, I have that available for sale here on Spook Central. I also have a handful of Spook Central patches left, and then they'll be sold out completely. No Spook Central t-shirts :-(

This isn't the first time I appeared in a Ghostbusters comic book, though it is the first time I literally appeared. I had a Letter to the Editor appear in The Real Ghostbusters 3-D Slimer Special (July 1993), which was the very last Ghostbusters comic book ever published by NOW Comics. Soon, I'll "appear" again - well, Spook Central will - as Tristan Jones is going to be drawing a one-of-a-kind Ghostbusters #9 Spook Central/Long Island sketch cover for me. When he gets around to doing that, it'll appear on his Tumbler site with all of the other sketch covers he's done so far.

(Bonus thanks to Ghostbusters News for mentioning my comic appearance.)
9 comments »

9 comments

Comment from: Ryan LeClair [Visitor]
Good for you, Paul!!!! :)
Jul. 21, 2012 @ 01:57
Welcome to the club, Paul. ;)
Jul. 21, 2012 @ 05:00
Comment from: The Stiff [Visitor] · http://dongtacular.wordpress.com
Congratulations Paul! This is truly an honour reserved for only the greatest Ghostbuster fans.

Has someone created a list of all the fans who have had their likeness in the IDW comics? I'm thinking of a few who were featured on the covers.
Jul. 21, 2012 @ 09:31
The Nick Runge covers?

Patrick Creel probably has a list for every issue. He's a member of the Real Tampa Bay Ghostbusters

He also did an article here about it: http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-613790

I'm not sure about the holiday covers but for the ongoing series - here's what I have written down:

Issue #1

Cover B Ben King aka Kingpin (UK GB)
-Members of the Real Tampa Bay Ghostbusters
Patrick Creel, Ben Bond, Rob Pearson

Issue #2

Page 11 - Geoff Adams, of the Ghostbusters of British Columbia, is shoved by Jim Silver.

Issue #2 to Issue #8 (at least I think so, Runge mentions from Issue #2 and on he used this crew)

Vincent Nordone = Ray
-Members of the Real Tampa Bay Ghostbusters
Robby Fuselier = Peter
Patrick Creel = Egon
Rob Pearson = Winston

Issue #9

1) Page 15 - Chris Stewart of Proton Charging appears as one of the ghosts on surrounding Ray. He is Ray's immediate left.

2) Page 15 - I appeared as well appeared as one of the ghosts on the right surrounding Ray.

3) Also from the wiki, Devilmanozzy appeared, too.

Issue #10

1) Page 14 - Kingpin appears as one of the Zombies. He is the one in the waistcoat to the right of Thriller Michael Jackson.
Jul. 22, 2012 @ 04:50
Comment from: Richard aka Spengs [Visitor] · http://www.ectocontainment.com
Congratulations Paul, you earned it! 8)
Jul. 22, 2012 @ 12:24
Comment from: Paul Rudoff [Member] Email
It totally made my millennium! Thanks for the congrats, everyone.

I never knew so many other fans were in the comics. I knew about the Tampa Bay Ghostbusters on some of the covers, but never about the rest. That's so awesome.
Jul. 22, 2012 @ 15:10
Comment from: Richard aka Spengs [Visitor] · http://www.ectocontainment.com
If you want to offer Spook Central t-shirts and perhaps other merchandise at no start up cost to you, except your time you could use sites such as Spreadshirt or Cafe Press.
Aug. 29, 2012 @ 11:40
Comment from: Derek Lippold [Visitor] Email · http://dereklippold.blogspot.com
wow thats fantastic! Good for you!
Aug. 29, 2012 @ 11:51
Comment from: Paul Rudoff [Member] Email
Spengs - I was thinking about doing that. I just need to find the time. I had a couple other short ideas I could offer as well.
Aug. 30, 2012 @ 05:09