« Unreleased Kenner The Real Ghostbusters ToysMore Love From The Cross The Streams Podcast »

Limited Edition Spook Central 15th Anniversary Patch

PermalinkBy Paul Rudoff on Aug. 1, 2011 at 11:30 PM , Categories: Spook Central, Reviews & Merch
Spook Central 15th Anniversary Patch

It's hard to believe, but this month marks 15 years since I uploaded the first version of Spook Central to my tiny Geocities account. It's quite a milestone for a website to still remain online after 15 years. Interestingly, Geocities can't make that claim. I never really thought that the site would still be around 15 years later, much less that I'd still have the desire to work on it, but here we are. To see where we've been, check out my Spook Central history page here on Spook Central and over at Ghostbusters Fans.

To help celebrate the momentous occasion, I had a special little souvenir made: a limited edition Spook Central 15th Anniversary embroidered sew-on patch. The design of the patch is meant to invoke the look of the original "Spook Central" title logo from March 1997. (The site premiered in August 1996, but didn't get a logo image until 1997, thanks to Bill Emkow.) They are roughly 3x2 inches in size, and are limited to a quantity of 100 patches. Once they are all gone, that's it. No more will be made.

ADD THE PATCH TO YOUR CART (ONLY CHOOSE ONE) (PAYMENT VIA PAYPAL)

SOLD OUT - United States - $5.00 USD + $1.00 USD shipping
SOLD OUT - Worldwide - $5.00 USD + $2.00 USD shipping

Patches are sent First-Class Mail Letter (or First-Class Mail Int'l Letter) with no insurance or tracking. To keep the ordering system as simple as possible, the shipping rates quoted above will only cover the weight of 1 or 2 patches. If you want to purchase more, please e-mail me and we can discuss shipping options and costs. U.S. orders will incur a small 5% sales tax to cover processing costs.

Next year I might have an embroidered sew-on patch made of the Ghostbusters: The Video Game logo, so we can finally have a "patch" for the game :-)

[UPDATE]
Some fans have already sent in photos showing their Spook Central patches creatively filmed. I've created a Spook Central Patch Mania gallery to showcase all of these fan photos.
10 comments »

10 comments

Comment from: Rolo from Ghostbusters Mx [Visitor] · http://ghostbustersmx.blogspot.com
Hey, great patch, I just bought it and also asked for that free sticker and magnet... Nice work on the site, keep it coming!
Aug. 2, 2011 @ 15:50
Comment from: Paul Rudoff [Member] Email
Thanks for the well wishes, Rolo. The patch will be sent out tomorrow or Friday at the latest.
Aug. 3, 2011 @ 21:45
Great, thanks!!
Aug. 8, 2011 @ 12:51
Comment from: Dimitrios Haritos [Visitor] · http://longislandghostbusters.com
Hey Cool! I gotta get one of these patches! maybe put it in the Ecto-V!
Aug. 15, 2011 @ 18:29
The patch just arrived, thanks my friend, I´ll sew it to my jumpsuit this week. Cheers!
Aug. 16, 2011 @ 13:14
Comment from: Paul Rudoff [Member] Email
Dimitrios, I'm honored that one of the LIGBs wants one of the patches. So go right ahead and order one. Don't let me stop you :-)

Rolo, glad to hear that the patch arrived so quickly. About a week and a half from New York to Mexico is pretty quick.
Aug. 16, 2011 @ 13:24
BTW, just published this 15 anniversary patch on my mexican GB fans blog, I hope there will be more mexicans buyers ;)

(Google translation)
Aug. 16, 2011 @ 13:25
Comment from: Paul Rudoff [Member] Email
Rolo, thanks for helping me spread the word about the patches. I appreciate it.

Also, big thanks to the guys from Ghostbusters Wikia and the Cross the Streams Radio Show for mentioning the patch on their Facebook pages (and on Twitter, too for the CTS guys).

More thanks to Massimo from Ghostbusters Mania and Jason at Ghostbusters News for both running a piece on the patch.
Aug. 16, 2011 @ 14:48
Man, that logo sure brings back memories... congrats Paul!
Aug. 26, 2011 @ 20:22