[ This location was identified by Matthew Jordan ]
Filming locations adjacent to this one will be included on this page. That includes: GB1 Ecto-1 At Night
- For more information, check out my Shot On Site article.
- The Franklin D. Roosevelt East River Drive (commonly referred to as the FDR Drive), named after the 32nd President of the United States (1933ľ1945), was originally named East River Drive.
- At the GB2 Ecto-1A Day locale, just under the area where the car is driving, is Glick Park, which wasn't there when the movie was filmed in 1988. Further down the road, in the direction Ecto-1A was travelling, is the United Nations building.
- The GB1 Ecto-1 Night locale is drastically different today than it was back in 1983 when the movie was filmed. What was a road and a parking lot is now a bikeway and a park. Stuyvesant Cove Park, which was completed in 2002, is a 1.9-acre public park that runs from 18th Street to 23rd Street between the FDR Drive and the East River.
- The red brick building seen in the background under the FDR Drive in the GB1 movie shot is part of a huge apartment complex called Stuyvesant Town, which is part of a complex called Peter Cooper Village/Stuyvesant Town (PCV is across 20th St.). This is the only element of the GB1 movie shot, besides the FDR Drive itself, that still exists today.
Real World Photos