Release Date: June 16, 2009
Video: 16:9 Widescreen (2.40:1 aspect ratio), 1080p High Definition, MPEG-4 AVC [some special features in 4:3 Full Screen/Letterbox, Standard Definition]
Audio: Dolby TrueHD 5.1/Dolby Digital 5.1 (language dependent)
Languages: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
Subtitles: English, English SDH, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Arabic, Dutch
Regional Coding: A, B, C
Video Format: NTSC
Total File Size: 44.29 Gigabytes
Package Type: Keep Case
SPHE Catalog Number: 24946
[The first-released copies of the Blu-Ray come with a shiny slipsleeve around the plastic case. The artwork is the same as on the case, but the blue areas have a shiny foil on them. I saw one in FYE on November 3, 2009, but only one of their copies had the slipsleeve on it; the other one was just the case. I e-mailed SPHE customer support to see if they could send me one of these slipsleeves, but I was told that "Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do for the Ghostbusters Slipsleeve issue. We only manufacture a small amount of the slipsleeves and they are sent out with the first wave of the discs. We no longer carry these slipsleeves in our warehouse." It's a bummer that they didn't have any more in the warehouse because I really would have liked one. As nice as it looked in the store, I was not going to re-buy something I just bought less than a month before, and at over DOUBLE the price I paid! FYE wanted $29, I got it for $12.50 on Amazon.]
Missing Special Features
(from the 1999 DVD release; excluding the video commentary)
- "Tricks & Trivia" subtitle track.
- All image galleries: Production Photos (288 images total), Conceptual Drawings (230 images total), Storyboards (361 images total).
- Theatrical trailer.
- Screenplay text (was on DVD-ROM).
- The before and after special effects multi-angle comparison item named "Spook Central Exploding" should have been named "Firehouse Exploding". This error carries over from the original 1999 DVD, and was present on the 2005 DVD. It's a shame that no one noticed it and corrected it by now.
- Video image comparison between this Blu-Ray and other digital home video releases
- Packaging - Case Liner - Outside (1500x839, 1.2 Mb)
- Packaging - Case Liner - Inside
- Packaging - Disc
- Packaging - 25th Anniversary Sticker on Package
- Packaging - Double-Sided Insert Ad - Video Game
- Packaging - Double-Sided Insert Ad - Mattel Figures
- Packaging - "Blu-Ray Essentials" Re-Packaging: Front / Back (images courtesy of the SPHE Publicity website)
- Packaging - Key Art (1081x1261, 968 Kb) (image courtesy of the SPHE Publicity website)
- Menu Shots (13 images) (on most Blu-rays the menu is placed over a looped video instead of being individual screens like on DVD) (images have been shrunk down from 1920x1080 to 700x393)
- Menu Sample (1:29)
- Screenshots: Blu-Ray.com (has 720p screenshots, join for free to see 1080p shots)
- Trailer - Pre-Street "Available June 16th on Blu-Ray High Def" (1:23)
* Sony Pictures - Streaming / Streaming / Download MP4 / Download MP4 (480x270, 7.2 Mb)
* Amazon - Streaming / Download FLV (720x544, 10.1 Mb) / Download FLV (720x544, 6.4 Mb) / Download FLV (368x288, 5.2 Mb)
- Trailer - Post-Street "Now on Blu-Ray High Def" (1:23)
* Sony Pictures - Download MOV (640x360, 13.4 Mb)
* Sony Pictures - Streaming / Download MP4 (480x270, 7.2 Mb)
- Trailer (1:25) (doesn't give street date or say "available now" as the other trailers do)
* Sony Pictures - Download MOV (1:22, 640x360, 13.4 Mb)
* YouTube - Streaming