Ghostbusters DVD Zone 1
Numerous people have reported problems and technical issues with the Ghostbusters DVDs, I'll list them here with eventual solve, for reference. I hope this page will be useful to you.
- Often people report that they can't access the "Tips & Tricks" menu entry, this entry enable the Subtitle commentary to the move from the Making GB book and can be turned on using your subtitle control of your DVD player
- On Most Panasonic DVD Players and Divx players the MS3K features has flickering problems
- Still with the MS3K Commentary when you Play the DVD on a Computer System using the enclosed PCFriendly Player and a Creative DXR2/3 card you may receive the following error message or similar:
"you need to have your player set in a 4x3 mode"
Here what PCFriendly Tech Support Answered:
"PCFriendly is actually using the Creative DVD Player "under the hood". I assume you tried this, but while viewing the movie, did you right mouse click on the video and attempt to set the aspect ratio? One thing I've noticed is that the first time you try playing in
PCFriendly, it plays the wrong aspect ratio, but subsequent plays are ok.
- The above error can happen on TV players also, in this case deactivate the "Widescreen" view of your 16:9 TV
- On Sigma Designs Hollywood Plus Decoders Cards the MS3K Commentary screw up , Harold, Ivan & Joe fly over the screen and the image is unstable. To fix the problems the new drivers version 1.8 are on Sigmadesigns's site
- Creative DXR-2 & DXR-3 users should get the Software update to fix their problems